Saturday, April 01, 2006

Green Tea Latte

I hit the Mall of America today. I only go once in a while and it's always to visit my friend Abby, who works at Starbucks there. It always brightens her day to see my kids waiting in her line. I went today because my mom's birthday is next month, along with Mother's Day so I had some browsing to do. There are lots of specialty shops there so I thought I'd check some out since my mom likes specialty stuff. I never SHOP at the Mall because it's more of a place for us to go just to get the kids out of the house. The Mall is a world of wonder for my kids--Lego Land, drinks of water from Abby in special Starbucks cups with GREEN straws.

All this to say, I got a green tea latte today (thanks, Abs!!). I wasn't sure how it would go over because I'm a no-tea/all-coffee kind of gal. But Abby's been raving about them, and I do really like chai, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It tasted summery (it was iced, by the way) and light. And I quite enjoyed the greenness of it!

Try one and tell me what you think.

2 comments:

Full of JOY said...

it's amazing. the green tea latte is absolutely amazing. i can't live without it. iced is THEE best way. another trick i've learned is to replace the melon syrup with blackberry. then you get a blackberry green tea latte. i'm addicted. i'm so pumped you like them! we HAVE to go out for one before you leave me. i can't even grasp the thought that after you're gone, never again will you and mark troop in with the kids. never again will i hear, unexpectedly, "ABBY!" from little jake who is so excited to see the back of my head. and all the customers look at me fondly, like, "oh...that child loves you! you must be special in his lie." why are you moving again??

Full of JOY said...

p.s. that was supposed to be "life" not lie! ha!