Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I smell Spring!

This may be the first winter of my life that I'm dying for it to end! I am a fall/winter person by nature. I love everything that comes with cold weather--the leaves changing, pumpkins, snow, holiday season, sweaters... But I think that may change a little now that I have kids. They are so sick of being pent up inside and we're all going crazy. It also may be because of where we lived this year--on the second floor of an apartment complex. To get the kids anywhere to do anything, inluding to play in the snow, is a major production. It will be interesting to see if next winter is different, being in our own place again. I wonder if it will be easier on the kids, having more space to play inside, being able to play in their own backyard anytime they want. We'll see.

Anyway, the windows have been open, the kids are wearing sneakers instead of boots when we go out, the grass is getting greener, we're wearing lighter coats...we're almost there! Best of all, Cadbury Eggs are in the stores (and my cabinet!) which is always the first sign of spring.

I'm about to go hard-boil a dozen eggs to decorate!

1 comments:

Stetlers said...

Tara,
Thanks for your comment...it's so nice to know that there are people around the country praying for our community while we grieve. I did not know Jennifer well, I only met her once. But, I've thought of her often as I've because I've spent a lot of time with Micah after her death.
I don't know how long you'll be in Columbus next week, but if you have any time I'd love to meet you.
kstetler@columbus.rr.com