Thursday, March 30, 2006

Trying to Blog

This is from November 2005.

I've decided to call my blog Pennies From Heaven (yes, I got the title from that great jazz hit by Louis Prima!) because I feel like the little everyday things we love are just that. I don't know if another soul will ever read these entries. I'm sending them out into this great void in hopes that this will enrich my soul, fill my need for expression, and just be plain fun. So...thank you, dear void, for listening. Those of you who know me know I am in my glory right now. Autumn is my favorite time of year. October and November are my favorite months, and fall brings with it so many great ways to pass the day. Yesterday was absolutely perfect--it was crisp and chilly, but not cold enough for a big winter coat. It was a little cloudy, but not daunting, just cozy. The kids and I walked and played in a new park. There are literally parks on every corner around here. I realized recently that I am truly starting to relive my childhood through Jake and Rory. They are starting to enter phases of life where they can actually DO things. Babies are great, but kids are greater. We went trick-or-treating, we went apple picking, and we hit a pumpkin patch with a hay ride. What more can you ask for in the fall? I'm already looking forward to Jake decorating his first tray of sugar cookies for Christmas...

1 comments:

Tara said...

t