Friday, March 31, 2006

Sadness and Excitement

We are one week away from our trip to Ohio to find a place to live and hopefully some leads on a job for Mark. I'm so excited to get there. There are so many reasons to be happy about this move.

And yet, a sadness hangs over me for the past few days because of an old friend who died a couple of years ago from cancer. She and I were supposed to be roommates our Junior year of college, but she got engaged that summer and never came back to school. We did keep in touch --she lived in Columbus, OH all those years and we always talked about being there together someday, since that's always where Mark and I planned to live. We continued to live in PA while she had a baby, lived life, and then sadly passed away. This has been foremost on my mind because her husband (who had been remarried since) died from cancer as well, just this week. I didn't know him well, but I just can't stop thinking about both of them.

So with our excitement and happiness about moving to Columbus, I'm thinking about Jenn again and about her short life, and about her son, Micah, and his new mom, Amy. I am sad.

God, I know you are there with that community of people who love Micah.

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Tara Root Chapman is blogging. Why wasn't I informed of this?

The sadness has been with me all week long. It is a weird feeling. I can't describe my thoughts, but I just know I can't stop thinking about Mark, Micah, and Amy.