Sunday, July 06, 2008

"Though inland far we be
our souls have sight of that immortal sea..."
--William Wordsworth
"Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us
think things we like to think."
--Robert Henri
"Those who live by the sea can hardly form a single thought
of which the sea would not be a part."
--Hermann Broch
"A person should go out on the water on a fine day to a small distance from a beautiful coast, if he would see nature really smile..."
--Augustus William Hare
"There is indeed, perhaps, no better way to hold communion with the sea than sitting in the sun on the veranda of a fisherman's cafe."
--Joseph W. Beach
I am very happy here in Columbus. I've fallen in love with the city itself, but I do have one complaint--it's inland. This has been a problem for me and probably always will be, no matter how at home I am here. I once read that if you're born near the ocean, your connection to water never goes away. I find this to be irrefutable...

4 comments:

Chuck said...

Great pictures Tara! And I'm with you, I love the ocean/lake/river/pond/waterfall!

gretchen said...

Great pictures..so glad to see you inland this week!

Anonymous said...

Some beautiful pictures, Tara!

Katie said...

Hope you had fun, e-mail me sometime.