Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Here's the Story...

I recently introduced my kids to an American Institution, but not purposefully. For my birthday I got The Brady Bunch Complete Series on DVD (I bought it myself, of course) and it's now one of the most fun things I own. It's a special collector's set and comes in a green shag case--SO COOL! The Brady Bunch, you may ask? Yes, the Brady Bunch. I have loved this show since I was a little kid and remember watching it almost everyday after school for years. Now whenever I catch it on TV Land, or whatever channel it's currently showing on, I realize how much I still love it. The music, the voices, the story lines...everything about it is rediculously familiar, and therefore, is just plain comforting. So I decided to take the plunge. Since I bought it, I've been watching a couple of episodes here and there for the past few months, and didn't realize that it would reel in my two preschool age kids. Only the earlier seasons seem to keep their attention, probably because the kids on the show are younger so the story lines are easier to follow. They know the words to the song, and seem to have a special interest in Bobby and Cindy. =) They especially like the classic camping episode when the tents fall down on them, the one where Bobby enters an ice cream eating contest, and also the one where Bobby and Cindy get lost in the grand canyon. I have to admit that I'm glad they like it and considering how things on TV have changed quite a bit over the years, I know it was money well spent.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Gotta love the Brady Bunch!! Rob loves it more then me, figure that one out. How cute your kids like it.

The Hesterbrarian said...

Tara,
We have all 5 seasons of the BB as well...only we don't have the Shagadelic case to put them in. :(
The BB was a staple at my house growing up. I watched it every day after school. I wanted to be a Brady. I come from a divorced home, so the Bradys equaled stability and safety to me. We haven't watched them in a while. I think they ran their course. But I have a feeling they will be pulled out once again this summer. Alice is my most fav...and as a mom, I so wish I had her around. What fun she was!! Shame about Mr. Brady, though. My girls struggled when they learned he was no longer living.

Full of JOY said...

the green shag just ROCKS!!!! i may just have to follow in your footsteps once again!!!

Dan said...

Gee wilikers that is swell Tara!!!

Anonymous said...

gotta love the brady bunch