Monday, May 05, 2008

Childhood Attachment

Meet Cinderella. She's been Rory's best friend since last September, when she received her birthday present from Grammie. Rory sleeps with her every night, plays with her everyday, and sometimes, is even allowed to take her in the car or to the store. Cinderella has been a great friend, and has taken quite a beating. She's already had a patch job on her rump and her gloves have needed restitching too. I firmly believe that the Disney Store puts out a quality product, but when a little girl's love is this deep, even Disney Store products need some fixing up. Cinderella's been getting dirtier by the month and finally today I decided she needed a bath. Rory handed her BFF over to me with a very serious and concerned look when I told her Cinderella needed a ride in the washing machine to get clean, but her look also said, "I trust you." I'm so not kidding. So here we sit, with baited breath, hoping the gentle cycle doesn't do too much damage.

Rory opening up her present

The first hug

A child's love...right before I took her for her first bath =)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I need that doll for Cassia. too bad you didn't post this before her birthday! :) We haven't even watched all the Disney princess movies, but every time she sees any of them, she says, "Mommy, there's my friends!!" too cute
I hope yours survived the wash!!

Julie

gretchen said...

I love the first bff doll...sheepy still gets cuddled every night in Tori's arms--priceless.

Full of JOY said...

YOU TOLD RORS HER DOLL NEEDED TO GO FOR A RIDE?!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!