Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day




We went to a Memorial Day parade in the most picture perfect all-American town today! I am absolutely infatuated with Worthington, OH and would love to live there. Unfortunately, it's on the other side of Columbus so it's not a smart idea since Mark works east of the city. Oh well. In the meantime, we had a great morning. I love the patriotic holidays. And in my old age, I'm getting sappier as the days go by. I could not help getting teared up seeing the Vets pass by throughout the parade, especially the older men. (If you haven't read Tom Brokaw's book, "The Greatest Generation," you should.) And I think a big part of that was seeing people stand and clap for each and every group. I am proud to be an American, and even at their young age, we are teaching our kids to keep their flags off the ground, to clap for the soldiers, and to stand when they hear the national anthem. I love seeing them in their red, white, and blue!

2 comments:

Eric said...

Mark - you look very happy.

Full of JOY said...

in your old age?!! TARA!!!

and i love that you're teaching the kids that stuff already- i'm thankful i get to watch you guys as parents before it's my turn...