Thursday, November 02, 2006

Halloween


Well, here is our Princess and Mr. Incredible. Rory's costume was a no-brainer because she was in a wedding this fall. My mom found a tiara, and she was done. Jake's costume consists of a couple of pieces of felt glued together and pinned to his sweatshirt, a pillowcase for a cape, and a felt mask. (Now for those of you who are Incredibles afficianados, I know they don't wear capes, since it's specifically talked about in the movie, but he looked much more superhero-ish with a cape, so we just went with it.) He LOOOVED being Mr. Incredible. Jake showed Rory how to trick-or-treat, which was fun to watch. They've been wearing their mask and tiara around the house ever since. =)

I can't figure out how to explain to a 4 year old that Halloween is just once a year, because he asks to go trick-or-treating every night now.

I already checked a bunch of Thanksgiving books out of the library, so I guess I'll focus on that now and see if it takes. Did I mention that I love this time of year?

3 comments:

Full of JOY said...

OK! i can't even stand it!! sooooooooooooo stinkin' cute!!! and rors in her little turtle neck just looks too adorable. i LOVE her in that crown and her pig tails. AHHH!! jake's costume is AMAZING. i am totally impressed. my kids will probably be ghosts..."here...thrown on this white sheet!" ha!!

Full of JOY said...

i still can't get over the cuteness. i talked to JEN last night...she was asking all about you guys and we were BOTH freaking out over the kid's outfits!!! i'll fill ya in on her later...has to be a conversation!!!

gretchen said...

Pretty impressive, Tara. Didn't notice the cape thing until you mentioned it. I haven't downloaded the girls pictures off the camera yet. They were princesses, too (shocker). Can't say I made the costumes though...30% off at Target the weekend before Halloween. I can only get so domestic.