Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Around Town

Well, it's that time of year. Everything is changing and becoming magical. Here are some signs of the season I've noticed as I live life around town lately:

--The Glorious Cornucopia of Wonders (also known as Target during the holidays) is more fun than ever
--Huge toy ads come with the Sunday paper
--Turkey sales and baking product sales are in all the ads
--Feeling an exciting hustle and bustle, rather than monotony as people take care of their errands
--Halloween candy in center aisles replaced by candy canes
--Icicle lights lit on a lone house here and there while driving around the city streets
--Some radio stations played Christmas music all weekend long as a preview for December

AND...

--Gingerbread and Peppermint Mocha coffee creamers arrive in grocery stores! Yaay!

7 comments:

Tara said...

Yeah, the Peppermint Mocha is by far my favorite! The nice thing is that they don't expire for a few months, so you can stock up for the winter months after Christmas. =)

Full of JOY said...

AND happy starbucks christmas eve!! tomorrow is the official holiday launch at every starbucks! it will be christmas in the morning...along with all the holiday favorites! gifts, decorations, pastries AND drinks!! oh..and of COURSE the infamous RED cups! whoo hoo!!

Tara said...

Oh, that makes me even more giddy! I'll definitely be hitting up Starbucks on Saturday when I run my errands. I always need my inaugural red cup. Thanks for my mug, by the way, Abby! I love having my own red cup every day at home.

Eric said...

Ok - does anyone remember that crazy little holiday we have in two weeks??!!! it's called Thanksgiving?? Why does it always get the shaft? Why doesn't anyone care about? You all just use Thanksgiving like a piece of toilet paper - it serves it's purpose (you get a day or two off of work) and then who cares. What happened to corn and pumpking pie and dinner rolls and turkey and stuffing and thursday afternoon football and turkey naps??!!!!! I don't wanna see a red starbucks cup until the turkey has been digested!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tara said...

Eric, I LOOOVE Thanksgiving! It's my favorite holiday of the year. But all this stuff helps lead up to Thanksgiving for me too. It's just an overall general feeling of excitement about all the holidays. You and Mark should tallk, by the way. He's EXTREMELY protective of Thanksgiving.

Jamie said...

I'm going to have to side with Eric on this one. Check with Gretchen...no Christmas anything until after Thanksgiving in the Miller home. Capitalism has already ruined Christmas (ask Dan Shearer), let's not let it ruin Thanksgiving as well.

gretchen said...

A little late to be weighing in....just cut me some slack blog clique people...So, for the record...I am with Tara--it is the general sense of the holiday season and it does not overshadow Thanksgiving a bit... I do follow the no Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving, but red cups being used? let's not get over dramatic