Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I Love Heroes!

Is there anyone else out there in the universe watching Heroes? Monday nights, 9:00--I'm so hooked. I guess this gives Jamie another reason to mock my TV choices, but what can I say? It's another Alias type situation...fake, comic-bookish, but maybe that's why I like these shows. Departure from reality. Every week ends with a cliff-hanger where I'm literally covering my mouth with my hand in shock. =)

Unfortunately I'm banned to the little tv in my bedroom because Mark refuses to watch such absurdity. He was the same way with Unbreakable. He just couldn't grasp Bruce Willis' character because he said he couldn't connect with the fact that he was a superhero in the real world. His brain works too practically for that kind of storyline. Maybe that's why I like all M. Knight Shamalan movies too--because they're not reality. They're just fun to watch, and I always love a twist. I wonder why he loved Alias--maybe because it was the CIA so that was partial reality?...I'll have to ask him about that.

Anyway, it's fun to have a new show to be excited about every week, and I just thought I'd throw it out there, since I'm new to this area, don't know very many people, and don't have anyone to talk about it with. I miss those weekly Alias groups of long ago...

4 comments:

Full of JOY said...

i'm catching your throw, but have nothing to throw back at ya!! i haven't seen the show...nor really any tv for that matter. which reminds me, i need to send back season 5!! i accidentally saw a part of a repeat episode showing on abc that i have not seen and freaked out...turned it asap!! ha!i'm glad you found something to be hooked on...it's fun. then you can buy all the seasons and share it with me. ha!

Eric said...

Tara....I as well am watching Heroes. However, I have to say that the show is incredibly slow and boring. They have so many characters to develop that it's taking forever for any plot to take place. I'm hooked watching it for some strange reason though. I think i'm waiting for something to actually happen. But, I think that if they are going for the comic book feel for the show - they are accomplishing it.

Full of JOY said...

haha!! i think you know why i'm laughing and rolling my eyes...

Jamie said...

Tara, I feel I have been pointed out unjustly. I too loved Unbreakable. I enjoyed it almost as much as Sixth Sense. Here's my new show for you to check out though. It is almost DVR worthy. Studio 60 on the Sunset Blvd. It is witty, sophisticated, and must be too smart for the average American because they may be taking it off air. So, check it out and save my show. It airs Monday evening, 10:00 East Coast Time. Gretchen, Dan, & Heidi also watch it.