Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus


Sometimes I just really wish Santa was real. I love the thought of a magical dream world that is the North Pole. I love the thought of a fat jolly grandpa-type guy who is quick to laugh sliding down chimneys. I love the thought of flying reindeer. I love the thought of elves making toys.

I watched Miracle on 34'th Street yesterday--the remake, not the original (I am a huge fan of both versions)--so I guess that's where this thought comes from...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be interesting to have a real santa, huh?! How would he get into houses with no chimneys?

Tara said...

Have you seen the Santa Claus movies with Tim Allen? Chimneys appear even if there isn't one. =)

Full of JOY said...

TARA! you would die. SANTA comes into my store now, and will every day until cmas!! he ACTS like santa, and if we ask him his name (for the cup) he says "santa" like it's his real name. HAHA!! he comes into the store singing the other day, "good morning! good morning! good morning!"...i had my back to the door, so i had no idea who the heck was singing that, and i'm totally irritated, til i turn around and low and behold! it's SANTA! i burst out laughing!! HAHA! he gets in iced venti latte. me and santa were totally chattin' it up later....HAHA!

Tara said...

Oh my goodness, that's so FUN!

Trina Mayfield said...

You just make me want to watch the movies again. I'm going to HAVE to watch the movie - the remake and the old version - THIS week!!! Thanks for reminding me of such a classic!