Thursday, March 08, 2007

Turkey Day

Now I know you're thinking, Turkey Day in March? Yes, that's what this is. Every year I buy a huge turkey when they're on sale before Thanksgiving and keep it in the freezer through the winter. Turkey is our favorite meal around here, and we definitely get our fill of it during the holiday season. But just once or twice a year is not enough. So every year, at the end of the winter, I haul out the huge bird and make an entire turkey dinner complete with all the trimmings. I guess it's a kind of farewell to the season we call winter. We love winter while it lasts, but we're always happy to see spring ushered in. So tonight we'll feast on turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc (ooh--don't forget the mouth-watering gravy). And in doing so we say see ya to winter and WELCOME to spring!

4 comments:

Eric said...

so what time should we be there?! :)

Kylene Bak said...

sounds fun wish we could join you. you are so original tara with your meal makings. you really make life interesting for your family.

Full of JOY said...

ok. so never heard of this before!! i can't believe i never knew...you never cease to amaze me, despite your "open book" policy.

Full of JOY said...

this is why i wrote my blog...you inspired me!!!